Plus discounts on Sony’s InZone H3 wired gaming headset, WH-1000XM5 noise-canceling headphones, and a bunch more gaming deals.
Share this story
If you buy something from a Verge link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.
Amazon is running a Gaming Week deals event this week, and we’re here to separate a bit of the wheat from the chaff. For example, the Logitech G Fits wireless gaming earbuds are on sale for $159.99 ($70 off) at Amazon. That’s a new low price on these earbuds, which, just like the Logitech-owned UE Fits, use a soft, mushy material inside to conform to your ear shape until a 60-second curing process under UV light makes them keep that one-of-a-kind fit. If you’ve struggled to find earbuds that fit your ears, well, these may be the ticket.
While the G Fits are almost identical to the UE Fits, they get their gaming-focused chops from a low-latency Bluetooth mode and the inclusion of a USB-A receiver (and included USB-C adapter). That makes them an easy plug-and-play option for consoles, and they should last up to seven hours on a single charge. They’re not noise-canceling earbuds, but the custom fit should offer better than average passive noise cancellation by creating a tight seal in your ears.
Speaking of gaming audio, the Sony InZone H3 wired gaming headset is on sale for just $58 ($41.99 off) at Amazon as well as $64.99 ($35 off) at Best Buy. The H3 are the somewhat no-frills entry-level model of Sony’s InZone line of PlayStation / PC gaming accessories. They connect via USB or 3.5mm and offer very soft, comfy ear cups you can wear for long sessions without fatigue — longer sessions being one of the benefits of a wired headset since you don’t have to worry about interrupting your game to charge. These headphones haven’t seen many discounts before since they’re a budget model, but this is a great value if you don’t feel you need the fancier features of wireless or noise cancellation offered by the pricier H7 and H9. Check out our hands-on with the Sony InZone line.
Yep, it’s another Sony headphone deal — but I assure you this one’s also worthwhile. The Sony WH-1000XM5, our top pick of noise-canceling headphones, is on sale for $348 ($51.99 off) at Amazon and B&H Photo and also $349.99 at Best Buy. This isn’t quite near their lowest price when they dipped below $300 at the end of 2022, but frankly, we haven’t seen many discounts on them since then.
The WH-1000XM5 offer some of the best noise cancellation around, improving on the already good performance of their predecessors. They also offer improved mic performance if you take the occasional phone or video call, and with multipoint connectivity, you can stay synced up with both your phone and computer at the same time without skipping a beat. Read our review.
With a fresh design, improved comfort, refined sound, and even better active noise cancellation, Sony’s WH-1000XM5 headphones offer a compelling mix of features for their premium price.
Some deals that aren’t earbuds, headsets, or headphones
- In need of extra storage on your Xbox? The Seagate 4TB Game Drive external HDD is $109.99 ($15 off) at Best Buy. It offers Xbox Series X / S games a lot of cold storage, allowing you to move games back and forth instead of deleting and redownloading to make room on the internal SSD — or you can play backward-compatible games right off the external.
- Dead Space on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X is on sale for $49.99 ($20 off) at Best Buy, which is its lowest price. The third-person sci-fi horror shooter is an excellent remake of the Xbox 360-era title, with some excellent (and haunting) visuals.
- Octopath Traveler II is now selling for a new low of $39.99 ($20 off) on PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch at Amazon. Acquire and Square Enix’s sequel continues the lovingly designed miniature-style sprite graphics with some excellent old-fashioned RPG action and storytelling.
- Want an affordable wireless gaming mouse with no fuss? The Logitech G305 Lightspeed lasts for months on a single AA battery, uses a quality 12,000 DPI sensor, and is on sale for $34.99 ($15 off) at Amazon and Best Buy for today only.
- Is it pizza time? Because the totally radical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is just $24.99 ($10 off) at Amazon on Switch, PS4, and Xbox. It’s the latest installment in the long lineage of TMNT co-op beat ’em up, sticking close to its roots with colorful visuals and pushing some limits with support for up to six players.